WOMEN’S PURCHASING POWER – BOOMER WOMEN ARE THE ULTIMATE CONSUMERS
- Every fifth adult in the U.S. today is a female over 50.
- The 50+ population will grow by 70 percent over the next 15 years.
- Women comprise the majority of the 80 million Boomers now working their way through society and the consumer marketplace. They have established careers and money to spend on themselves, as well as the ability to influence the majority of their households’ purchasing decisions.
- Disposable incomes are highest among women aged 45-54.
- In the next decade, women will control two-thirds of the consumer wealth in the U.S.
- The fastest growing demographic segment on Facebook is women over 55, growing 175 percent in the past six months.
- Not only will Boomer women continue to earn income by working, they’ll also manage inheritance windfalls from their parents as well as their husbands, who they will outlive by 6-9 years on average.
- The 6.7 million companies owned by women account for 30 percent of all privately-owned U.S. small business, skewing heavily towards women 35-54.